Happy birthday, Britney Spears - the pop princess turns 30 today.
Britney's come a long way since breaking into showbiz on "The New Mickey Mouse Club," releasing seven best-selling albums, scooping a Grammy Award, launching a multi-million dollar perfume empire and becoming a mum to two boys.
She suffered a public meltdown in 2008 and has two failed marriages behind her but the singer has turned her life around after settling down with boyfriend Jason Trawick and hitting the road with her "Femme Fatale Tour," which grossed more than $6 million in its first 10 shows.
To mark her latest milestone, WENN has put together 10 fascinating facts about the superstar birthday girl.
- Britney is currently on tour in South America, where she plans to throw a "spectacular" themed bash to celebrate her big day in Mexico.
- The now-iconic schoolgirl outfit Britney wore in the music video for her debut single "...Baby One More Time" cost just $17 and was purchased from discount chain Kmart.
- Mississippi-born Britney is proud of her southern roots, but her heritage can actually be traced back to Malta and the U.K. - The singer is a big fan of body art and has a number of tattoos, including dice, a fairy, Chinese and Hebrew lettering, flowers and a lipstick kiss on her wrist.
- Britney became a follower of Kabbalah after befriending Madonna, but she renounced the faith when she gave birth to her first son Sean Preston in 2005, declaring, "My baby is my religion."
- She played a closeted lesbian on "Will & Grace" and a lovesick receptionist on "How I Met Your Mother." Alicia Silverstone was also booked to guest star as her colleague in the latter, but she pulled out over fears she would be "overshadowed" by Britney.
- Her shocking smooch with Madonna at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2003 was voted the top kiss of the decade, while her performance with a Burmese Python at the 2008 VMAs was hailed the most memorable moment in the award show's history.
- Britney's influence as a pop culture icon is widespread - her infamous head-shaving incident prompted Barry Manilow to write his album "15 Minutes," while Gwyneth Paltrow based her character in "Country Strong" on the pop star.
- Despite being one of the most famous faces in the world, Britney doesn't own a cell phone, insists on making her own bed every morning, and loves cleaning her home.
- Britney's not the only star who is another year older today - she shares her birthday with singer Nelly Furtado, Muse bassist Chris Wolstenholme, and actress Lucy Liu.