Happy 70th Birthday, Paul Simon!
Happy birthday, Paul Simon - the singer/songwriter turns 70 today.
Folk legend, 12-time Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Simon has done it all and has yet to hang up his mic - he's clearly "Still Crazy After All These Years!"
He helped define the sound of the Sixties as one half of Simon & Garfunkel before making his mark as a successful solo artist with a string of critically-acclaimed albums.
Now Simon celebrates another milestone as he enters his next decade and WENN has dug up 10 fascinating facts to mark the occasion.
- Simon was named one of the "100 People Who Shaped the World" by Time magazine in 2006.
- He met his songwriting partner Art Garfunkel at school when he was just 11; the two first recorded under the name Tom and Jerry.
- He's been married three times - his second wife was "Star Wars" actress Carrie Fisher.
- Music runs in the Simon family - Paul's dad Louis was a professional bassist and violinist, and his mother Belle gave private music lessons. Paul's sons Adrian and Harper are also musicians.
- Simon picked up an honorary doctorate from Massachusetts' Brandeis University last year.
- He shares his birthday with Ashanti, Sacha Baron Cohen, Kelly Preston, Marie Osmond and Margaret Thatcher.
- He's dabbled in acting - he wrote and starred in the 1980 movie "One-Trick Pony" and played record producer Tony Lacey in Woody Allen's "Annie Hall."
- He fell for actress Shelley Duvall while filming "Annie Hall" and they shared an apartment together in Manhattan before breaking up in 1979.
- Simon is left-handed but plays the guitar right-handed.
- More than 500,000 fans flocked to see his New York City reunion with Garfunkel in 1981, making their famous Concert in Central Park the seventh most attended gig in history.
Fergie's Baby Bump Gets Bigger! Johnny Depp's Scary Fall From Horse During 'Lone Ranger' Shoot Captured In Behind-The-Scenes Video