Ewan McGregor will be celebrating on Thursday - the great Scot turns 40 years old.
Born in Crieff, Scotland, drama school drop-out McGregor has been working steadily on the stage, in Hollywood and indie arthouse flicks ever since he wowed with his break-out role as a junkie in 1996's "Trainspotting."
He's proved there's no part he can't tackle, portraying everything from a glam rock star to a priest and, of course, a Jedi Knight.
To salute Ewan on his special day, WENN has opened up the archives and dug up 10 facts about his life.
- Early on in his career, McGregor shared an apartment with another aspiring actor - Jude Law.
- He met his wife, French production designer Eve Mavrakis, after he was cast in an episode of the U.K. legal drama "Kavanagh QC."
- In 2001, McGregor received an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Ulster in Northern Ireland.
- McGregor was nearly a superspy - he was approached to play James Bond in the 2006 blockbuster but turned down the job, which went to Daniel Craig.
- Before playing Obi-Wan Kenobi, McGregor was already a "Star Wars" fan - his uncle, actor/director Denis Lawson, played an X-wing pilot in all three original "Star Wars" movies.
- McGregor is Hollywood's go-to guy for full-frontal nudity - he's bared all in a number of his films, including "Trainspotting," "Velvet Goldmine," "The Pillow Book," and "Young Adam."
- He and Mavrakis have three daughters, including Clara Mathilde, Esther Rose and Jamiyan, who the couple adopted from Mongolia.
- He was the best man at Dougray Scott's 2000 wedding to casting director Sarah Trevis.
- A motorcycle enthusiast since his youth, McGregor and his pal Charley Boorman hit the road for four months in 2004 to travel from London to New York. The pair embarked on another international motorcycle marathon in 2007, biking from Scotland to South Africa, and they have plans for a third adventure later this year.
- He shares his birthday with stars including Christopher Walken, AC/DC rocker Angus Young and Rhea Perlman.