Following a string of consecutive R&B/Pop hit songs, three Grammy nominations and a well-received performance on Saturday Night Live, the stage is set for the release of Chris Brown’s new album, F.A.M.E. The multi-platinum-selling singer/actor’s Jive Records release is confirmed to be released on March 22.
Brown’s new single “Look At Me Now” (←Click on link to stream) featuring Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes is quickly climbing the charts: this week “Look At Me Now” is the No. 1 most increased song at the Urban Mainstream radio format for the third consecutive week, and ranks No. 6 on the Urban Singles chart after one month of its release. The video clip will premiere on VEVO, the leading premium music video and entertainment service, in mid-March.
“Look At Me Now” follows the success of his previous No. 1 hit singles, “Deuces” (← Click on link to stream) featuring Tyga and Kevin McCall and “No BS,” (← Click on link to stream) and his Top 5 hit single “Yeah 3X” (← Click on link to stream). With 1.8 million in combined digital/mobile sales to date, “Deuces” spent 10 weeks at No.1 and earned Brown one of three 2010 Grammy Nominations for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. His most recent No. 1 hit song “No BS” remains a Top 10 staple on the Urban Singles chart. “Yeah 3X” ranks in the Top 10 on both the Rhythm and Top 40 radio charts and has 1.2 million in combined digital/mobile sales.
Brown, a triple-threat as a singer/dancer/actor, has co-written on the majority of F.A.M.E, and has collaborated with a wide range of his peers including: Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Ludacris and more.
“On this album some of the songs are more grown-up,” says Chris in describing the album. “There are songs from all genres: from street records to others that are real soul, 808 heavy that you’ll hear in the club, and then others are strictly for the heart; songs that your mom and grandma can listen to and love. Collectively, ‘F.A.M.E.’ is me giving fans every aspect of who I am as far as my art, my culture, and my concepts.” The album cover art was designed by contemporary pop artist Ron English. Brown discovered English’s work on the internet and later saw his work again in an art gallery in New York. Inspired by his art, the two met and agreed to collaborate for Chris’ album. Plans for a larger collaboration are in the works.
Track listing for F.A.M.E. is as follows:
1.Deuces featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall (Produced by Kevin McCall/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
2. Up 2 You (Produced by the Underdogs)
3. No Bs featuring Kevin McCall (Produced by Tha Bizness/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
4. Look At Me Now featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes (Produced by Diplo, AfroJack and Free School/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
5. She Ain't You (Produced by Free School/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
6. Say It With Me (Produced by Harmony/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
7. Yeah 3X (Produced by DJ Frank E/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
8. Next to You featuring Justin Bieber (Produced by The Messinger/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
9. All Back (Produced by Timothy Bloom)
10. Wet The Bed featuring Ludacris (Produced by Bigg D/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
11. Oh My Love (Produced by Harmony/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
12. Should've Kissed You (Produced by Brian Kennedy & T-Wiz/ Co-Produced & Co-Written by Chris Brown)
13. Beautiful People featuring Benny Benassi (Bonus) (Produced by Benny & Alle Benassi/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
The Deluxe version of F.A.M.E will include four additional tracks:
14. Bomb featuring Wiz Khalifa (Produced by Free School/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
15. Love Them Girls featuring Game (Produced by Polow Da Don/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
16. Paper, Scissors, Rock featuring Timbaland & Big Sean (Produced by Timberland and Jroc)
17. Beg For It (Produced by the Stereotypes/Co-Written by Chris Brown)
Click for more great Chris Brown pictures: