Check Out 'Farscape: The Complete Series Megaset' On DVD Nov. 17
On November 17, the award-winning fan favorite show, which ran from 1999-2003 on Sci Fi and was named by TV Guide as one of television’s best cult shows ever, will commemorate its 10th Anniversary with the very first complete packaging of the series. Featuring all 88 episodes on 25 discs, with original aspect ratios (4x3 for Seasons 1-3, anamorphic 16x9 widescreen for Season 4) and 5.1 surround sound, "Farscape: The Complete Series Megaset™" delivers the venerated program to its legions of loyal fans and a new generation.
An imaginative fusion of live action, state-of-the-art puppetry, prosthetics and CGI, “Farscape,” produced by The Jim Henson Company in association with RHI Entertainment, featured mind-boggling alien life forms, dazzling special effects, edge-of-your-seat thrills, irreverent humor and unforgettable characters -- all brought to rich life by the creative minds at Jim Henson’s Creature Shop™.
Strap in and hold on tight for the extraordinary adventures of John Crichton, as he finds himself surrounded by hostile aliens and soaring through the cosmos aboard Moya, a glorious living space ship. Hunted by the relentless Peacekeepers, he allies himself with Moya’s crew -- Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black), Luxan warrior Ka D'Argo (Anthony Simcoe), azure priestess Zhaan (Virginia Hey), spritely Nebari thief Chiana (Gigi Edgley), Dominar Rygel, the deposed royal ruler of the Hynerian Empire and Pilot – to search for a way out of this inconceivably alien world and return home.
"Farscape: The Complete Series Megaset™" contains amazing surprises, including over 15 hours of bonus programming:
* 29 Episode Commentaries, including “Premiere” with Rockne S. O’Bannon, Brian Henson and Ben Browder; “Jeremiah Crichton” with Claudia Black, Producer/Writer David Kemper, Browder and O’Bannon; “Bone to Be Wild” with Anthony Simcoe; “Relativity” with Lani Tupu (Crais/Voice of Pilot) and Director Peter Andrikidis; and, “Bad Timing” which features Browder, Black and Kemper discussing the series’ final episode.
* Multiple featurettes and documentaries including “In the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Henson”; “Making of a Space Opera” and “Inside Farscape: Save Farscape,” on which fans, cast and crew discuss the fate of their beloved series.
* Multiple video profiles featuring archival clips and cast/crew discussing their characters and roles on Farscape.
* Over 90 minutes of deleted scenes.
* Slideshows and archival photo galleries, including character concepts and promo photos.
* Production design galleries featuring screenshots, rough drafts and concept slide shows.
* Behind-the-Scenes interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, Paul Goddard (Stark), Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) and more.
* Original TV promos and trailers
In addition to the complete Megaset™, on November 17, "Farscape" will also be available in single season sets. Each re-packaged DVD release in "Farscape: The Complete Seasons 1-4" will feature over 18 hours of interstellar entertainment -- 22 episodes on six jam-packed discs filled with hours of revealing bonus materials.
Prepare for Starburst!
Win a copy of "Farscape: The Complete Series" HERE!
Image © Lions Gate Entertainment
The Morning Roundup: Playmate Of The Year, 'Family Tree' & Chris Brown Adds Graffiti To His Ugly House Heather Graham Opens Up About Sex Secrets In Screenplay