is world renowned for thrilling audiences with her magical performances, her supreme vocal talent and setting box office records. Now fans can get front row seats to the best of Barbra Streisand captured in Streisand The Concerts
, a new 3-disc DVD showcasing some of her most memorable concerts, special exclusives including 17 songs never-before released on DVD and behind-the-scenes moments with one of the most beloved artists of all time. This highly anticipated triple-DVD set will be released in the U.S. on April 28 through Hip-O/Universal Music Enterprises arriving just in time to be shared with loved ones on Mother's Day. Streisand The Concerts
shot to the top of the UK charts to become the #1 selling music DVD just days after its release on March 16. In celebration of its U.S. release, Streisand: Live In Concert
will air as a one-hour special on CBS, Saturday, April 25 (8:00-9:00 pm ET/PT) to bring fans one of Barbra's most celebrated concerts on her 2006 North American tour.
The 3-Disc DVD set offers fans an all access pass to two of her most memorable concerts in their entirety. Disc #1 captures the record-breaking, 2006 North American tour from the sold-out Ft. Lauderdale show, with special guest multi-platinum recording artist, Il Divo
. Fans will get a chance to experience 10 songs never-before-seen on DVD, including "Unusual Way," "A Cockeyed Optimist," "When The Sun Comes Out" and "My Shining Hour," all of which are the first time Streisand has ever performed them either in the studio or live. Bonus features include five additional songs as well as interviews with the behind-the-scenes team who create and execute this musical and visually explosive experience.
Disc #2 allows fans to experience the unforgettable 1994 concert Live at Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, CA that documents the magic of her first concert tour in 27 years. For the first time on DVD, this special concert includes the first-ever live performance of "Lazy Afternoon" and the "Yentl
Medley." Throughout her career critics have been unanimous in their praise for Streisand making this DVD a remarkable compilation. Her 2006 world tour garnered rave reviews across the nation."Streisand has never sounded better! She's astounding!"
- The New York Times"The blend of intimacy and showiness in Streisand's voice turns her performances into portraits of the heart and mind in self-discovery…she was simply amazing"
- LA Times"Once or twice a generation there comes a personality that just fills the room. Sinatra was like that, so was Elvis and so is Barbra Streisand."
- Journal Sentinel"Her singing glows with a tone so luxurious and a texture so rich, you nearly want to burst into song yourself."
- New York Daily News"Sensational! A brilliant show! A major musical triumph!"
- Rolling Stone
Disc #3, "Putting It Together: The Making of the Broadway Album," is the perfect supplement to the DVD set's presentation of the two great Streisand concerts of the past 15 years. With video and vintage performance footage from the '60s and '70s never before seen on DVD, disc #3 captures the most sensational recording and concert career of all time. The disc, which book-ends the fabled stylist in her growth over a nearly half century span, showcases the electric voice and personality that instantly shot her to stardom beginning in the 1960s and solidified her unchallenged supremacy among female performing artists. Bonus features include video performances from Streisand's Emmy award winning television specials including "People" from My Name Is Barbra
(1965), "Yesterdays" from Color Me Barbra
(1966), "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" from "The Belle of 14th Street" (1967), "Silent Night (Sleep In Heavenly Peace) from A Happening In Central Park
(1968) and "Cryin' Time (with Ray Charles
)" from Barbra Streisand…And Other Musical Instruments
(1973). Disc #3 is jam-packed with exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage including the making of the award winning, number #1 album The Broadway Album
and video clips from her childhood, extensive one-on-one interviews and a montage of the numerous awards she's received throughout the years.Streisand The Concerts
is an extraordinary collection of the very best moments and highlights from Barbra Streisand's legendary career and includes more than 60 songs spanning classics such as "Funny Girl
," "The Way We Were," and "People," as well as never before performed "The Music of the Night," and "Somewhere" with Il Divo.
Barbra Streisand is the music industry's #1 best-selling female artist with 50 Gold, 30 Platinum and 13 Multi-Platinum albums to her credit. She is second in the all-time charts, ahead of The Beatles
and The Rolling Stones
, exceeded only by Elvis
. She continues to be the highest album-selling female recording artist ever, with 29 having achieved top ten status. Streisand remains the only artist to receive Oscar, Tony, Emmy, Grammy, Golden Globe, Cable Ace, and Peabody Awards, and the American Film Institute's Life Achievement Award.
Streisand The Concerts DVD Teaser Video:
Disc 1: Fort Lauderdale/October 2006: The Concerts Act I
1. Funny Girl Overture (Original Broadway Version)
2. Starting Here, Starting Now
3. Down With Love
4. The Way We Were
5. Ma Premiere Chanson
6. Evergreen (w/ Il Divo)
7. My Way (Il Divo)
8. Come Rain or Come Shine
9. Funny Girl
10. The Music That Makes Me Dance
11. My Man
12. People Act II
13. The Music Of The Night (w/ Il Divo)
14. Jason Theme
15. Carefully Taught/Children Will Listen
16. Unusual Way
17. What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?
18. Stoney End
19. Happy Days Are Here Again
20. (Have I Stayed) Too Long At The Fair?
21. The Time Of Your Life
22. A Cockeyed Optimist
23. Somewhere (w/ Il Divo)
24. My Shining Hour
25. Don't Rain On My Parade
26. Smile Bonus Features
1. Nobody's Heart (Belongs to Me) & When The Sun Comes Out
2. The Woman In The Moon
3. Senza Catene (Il Divo)
4. Regressa A Mi (Il Divo)
5. Interview - The People Behind The Scenes
6. Interview - The Streisand FoundationDisc #2Live at Arrowhead Pond/July 1994Act I
2. As If We Never Said GoodBye
3. I'm Still Here/Everybody Says Don't/Don't Rain On My Parade
4. Can't Help Lovin' That Man
5. I'll Know
7. Lover Man
8. First Therapist Scene
9. Will He Like Me?
10. Second Therapist Scene
11. He Touched Me
13. Third Therapist Scene
14. The Man That Got Away
15. On A Clear Day (You Can See Forever) Act II
17. The Way We Were
18. You Don't Bring Me Flowers
19. Lazy Afternoon
20. Not While I'm Around
21. Ordinary Miracles
22. Yentl Medley: Where Is It Written?/ Papa Can You Hear Me?/Will Someone Ever Look At Me That Way?/ A Piece Of Sky
23. Happy Days Are Here Again
24. My Man
25. For All We Know
26. SomewhereDisc #3Putting It Together: The Making of "The Broadway Album"
2. Something's Coming
3. Putting It Together
4. Can't Help Lovin' That Man
5. If I Loved You
6. Send In The Clowns
7. Somewhere TV Special Bonus Tracks
1. People (from My Name is Barbra
2. Yesterday (from Color Me Barbra
3. I'm Always Chasing Rainbows (from The Belle of 14th Street
4. Silent Night (from A Happening in Central Park
5. Cryin' Time with Ray Charles (from Barbra Streisand…And Other Musical Instruments
Get "Streisand The Concerts":Music TodayAmazon