CMT's 'Gone Country' Returns For A Third Season
"Gone Country," the series that takes seven celebrities from every realm of the entertainment industries and immerses them in all things country, will premiere in January 2009 on CMT. Production is currently underway in Nashville.
The cast includes:
- George Clinton funk musician, founding member of the bands Parliament and Funkadelic; member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Tara Conner television personality; Miss USA 2006
- Taylor Dayne pop vocalist/actress
- Micky Dolenz actor, musician; drummer/lead vocalist of The Monkees
- Sheila E. entertainer/musician; philanthropist
- Richard Grieco actor/musician
- Justin Guarini singer/songwriter, actor/television host; "American Idol" runner up
With the goal of creating a hit country music single, each Gone Country cast member must uproot to Nashville for an intense two-week challenge. Each celebrity will again be paired with two of Nashville's finest songwriters with whom they write a country single. In addition to meeting with songwriters, the cast will compete in challenges that test them musically and physically to adapt to a life in country music, both on and off the stage.
This season, cast members will be afforded the opportunity to win mentor sessions with top country artists. At the end of the two weeks, the artist that is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release their single to country radio. Previous Gone Country winners have included Julio Iglesias, Jr. (season 1) and Sebastian Bach (season 2).
Khloe Kardashian Filing For Divorce From Lamar Odom Katie Couric's Talk Show Canceled