The Dirty Heads' Full-Length Debut 'Any Port In A Storm' Out Sept. 23
Produced by Sugar Ray drummer Stan Frazier and Steve Fox (Ashlee Simpson), and mixed by legendary Beastie Boys mixmeister Mario C, Any Port In A Storm includes the first single, 'Stand Tall', recently featured in the 2007 Sony Pictures film Surf's Up. Percussionist Alex Acuna, NIN and Korn drummer Josh Freese, Jamaican dancehall legend Tippa Ire and Indie 103.1 reggae host Native Wayne also appear on the star-studded debut album.
- Discovered by production heavyweight Rob Cavallo [Green Day, Hot Hot Heat]
- Toured with 311; dates with Fishbone, Kottonmouth Kings and Slightly Stoopid
- Music to be featured in upcoming Matthew McConaughey film, "Surfer Dude"
- Tracks licensed for Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam video game and the CBS show Shark
- Cover of Coldplay's hit "Viva La Vida" featured on YouTube's "Raw Sessions."
Here is a band that takes their cues from bands like 311, Sublime, and Pepper to mix mellow rock with hip hop, reggae, and even a little funk. The bottom line is that these guys and this disc is pure fun." - Thisismodern.net
The Morning Roundup: Playmate Of The Year, 'Family Tree' & Chris Brown Adds Graffiti To His Ugly House Camila Alves & Vida: Made In The Shade