Country singer Kenny Chesney
reigned supreme at the 2008 Annual Academy of Country Music Awards
in Las Vegas on Sunday - winning entertainer of the year for the fourth consecutive time.
The star took home the coveted prize which was voted for by country music fans for the first time at this year's 43rd ceremony. He told the celebrity-studded audience, "This one is really actually special because long before I had a hit record, the fans always came to the shows. And I want to thank you guys for voting and for being there for me."
Other big winners on the night included Grammy-winner Brad Paisley
, who won the award for best male vocal and best video for his hit single Online, and former American Idol
winner Carrie Underwood
who took home top female vocalist for the second year running.
, who won two Country Music Television awards last month, took home the top new female vocalist prize - with Jack Ingram winning the men's equivalent.
Vocal group of the year went to Rascal Flatts
, vocal duo of the year was won by Brooks & Dunn
, with Lady Antebellum winning best new vocal group.
scored a double for Stay - winning song of the year and single record of the year.
Legendary country star Garth Brooks
was honored with the Academy of Country Music Crystal Milestone Award - to represent his long and successful career in the industry.
The ceremony was hosted country superstar Reba McEntire
and included performances by award-winners Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood.
List of winners at the 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards
from Las Vegas:
- Entertainer of the year: Kenny Chesney
- Top male vocalist: Brad Paisley
- Top female vocalist: Carrie Underwood
- Top vocal group: Rascal Flatts
- Top vocal duo: Brooks & Dunn
- Top new male vocalist: Jack Ingram
- Top new female vocalist: Taylor Swift
- Top new duo or vocal group: Lady Antebellum
- Album of the year: ''Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
,'' Miranda Lambert
- Single record of the year: ''Stay,'' Sugarland
- Song of the year: ''Stay,'' Sugarland (Jennifer Nettles, composer)
- Video of the year: ''Online,'' Brad Paisley (Jason Alexander, director)
- Vocal event of the year: ''Find Out Who Your Friends Are,'' Tracy Lawrence
with Tim McGraw
and Kenny Chesney
- Pictures From The 43rd CMAs!
(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)