Columbia Records has signed tween TV sensation & iCarly
Star Miranda Cosgrove
, star of Nickelodeon's convergent mega-hit iCarly to be a recording artist, as part of the global partnership between Nick and the Sony Music Label Group. First up for Cosgrove is the release of iCarly iPlaylist, the eagerly awaited album that also will feature songs inspired by the popular live-action TEENick series, among other exclusive tracks from multi-platinum popular artists, including Natasha Bedingfield
and Avril Lavigne
. The album will be available at retail and online on Tuesday, June 10.
iPlaylist will debut four original songs performed by Cosgrove, including the series' theme song, "Leave It All to Me" (featuring Drake Bell
), which recently charted on the Billboard Hot 100. The hit song currently averages a four-star rating with customers on iTunes, as well as charting on the music store's Pop chart for 11 consecutive weeks. The new album also will feature songs inspired by iCarly
from top artists like Lavigne, Bedingfield, Good Charlotte
, Sean Kingston
and a brand-new, exclusive song from The Naked Brothers Band
, stars of the Nick hit live-action series of the same name.
, one of the most watched live-action premieres in Nickelodeon history, is the highest-rated program on all of TV in its time slot with kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14. Since its launch, kids have uploaded more than 100,000 videos to the iCarly.com
website, and the site has received more than 11.6 million visits and averaged 2.8M monthly visitors in the first quarter of 2008 alone.*
"Miranda Cosgrove is one of today's brightest and fastest rising young stars," said Steve Barnett of Columbia Records. "We are happy to welcome her to the Columbia Records family and very excited to be releasing iCarly iPlaylist."
"Nickelodeon is on the cutting-edge of programming for tweens and young adults," said Rob Stringer, Chairman of the Sony Music Label Group. "With iCarly, Nick has achieved a brilliant synthesis between television and the internet. Sony Music is thrilled to be partnering with Nickelodeon to create new ways for fans to interact with their favorite musicians, actors and media stars."
"We've watched Miranda essentially grow up here at Nickelodeon and this is an exciting next step she's taking in her career," said Cyma Zarghami, President, Nickelodeon, MTV Networks Kids and Family Group. "iCarly is a true creative innovation as a multi-media hit for kids and tweens, and we're thrilled that Sony will bring Miranda to a brand new platform in music."
iCarly iPlaylist is a product of the development and production partnership between Nickelodeon, the number-one entertainment brand for kids, and the Sony Music Label Group and the Sony BMG Commercial Music Group.
Tracks from iCarly iPlaylist include:
1. Leave It All to Me - Miranda Cosgrove featuring Drake Bell
(Theme from iCarly)
2. Stay My Baby - Miranda Cosgrove
3. About You Now - Miranda Cosgrove
4. Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston
– (Nick mix)
5. I Don't Wanna Be In Love (Dance Floor Anthem) - Good Charlotte
6. I Like That Girl - Leon Thomas
7. Girlfriend -featuring Lil Mama
(Dr. Luke/Nickelodeon remix) -Avril Lavigne
8. Freckles - Natasha Bedingfield
9. Face In The Hall - The Naked Brothers Band
10. Let's Hear It For The Boy - The Stunners
11. Thunder - Boys Like Girls
12. Headphones On - Miranda Cosgrove
13. Move (Theme from Dance on Sunset) - Menudo
14. I'm Grown - Tiffany Evans
featuring Bow Wow
DELUXE PACKAGE/FAN PACK - Bonus Tracks:
15. Leave It All To Me - Miranda Cosgrove featuring Drake Bell (Theme from iCarly) - Jason Nevins remix
16. "Whatever My Love" – performed by Mickey Drummond (From iCarly Episode "iLike Jake")
17. "Take Me Back" – performed by Backhouse Mike (From iCarly Episode "iAm Your Biggest Fan")