'Star Trek The Tour' Makes North American Debut Jan. 18
This unprecedented event will give the public the opportunity to step inside the "Star Trek" world and become active participants in the legacy that has captured the imagination of generations: From the chance to sit on a starship bridge from the Original TV series to traveling through space on motion simulators, "Star Trek The Tour" offers the whole family the opportunity to be fully immersed in the action. Plus, the Tour features the world’s largest collection of authentic "Star Trek" ships, sets, costumes and props from all 5 TV series and 10 films over the last 40+ years.
William Shatner, who portrayed "Star Trek’s" most iconic character, Captain James T. Kirk, is the official Celebrity Ambassador for the tour and will be making appearances at various times throughout the tour’s multi-city run. "'Star Trek The Tour' promises to be the largest, most interactive and entertaining 'Star Trek' event ever presented to the public," Mr. Shatner said. “This will truly be an impressive experience for the whole family and I am happy to be associated with it."
Highlights of "Star Trek The Tour" include:
* The chance to take a ride through a "Star Trek" adventure in four full-motion, show-based flight simulators.
* An all-new multimedia Encounter Theater, built like a theater in the round with 360 degree video screens. Computer-generated sequences put visitors in the middle of the "Star Trek" action.
* The opportunity for exhibit-goers to sit on a full-size Enterprise bridge from the original TV series and have their photo taken and superimposed with an image of the original cast – including Spock, McCoy and Scotty – to look as if the Enterprise crew is standing right next to them.
* Detailed recreations of original sets from Star Trek: The Next Generation, including Captain Picard’s quarters, Dr. Crusher’s sick bay and the majestic NCC-1701-D Bridge.
* The ability for guests to star with the original cast in an episode of their choice and watch themselves interact with "Star Trek" icons such as Spock and Scotty. Guests can take home a DVD of their cameo to share with family and friends.
The 50,000 square foot exhibition is equal in size to nearly two football fields filled with 250 tons of priceless "Star Trek" sets, original props, costumes and creations. "Star Trek The Tour" brings together some of Hollywood’s finest craftsmen and artists who created and shaped the signature look and image of "Star Trek" over the years, including production designer Herman Zimmerman, costume designer Robert Blackman, make-up artist Michael Westmore and visual effects creator Dan Curry. All of these original "Star Trek" artists lent their talents to "Star Trek The Tour" to provide visitors with an authentic, behind-the-scenes view. "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry’s son, Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry, provides a rare insider’s look at what it took to make his father’s vision into reality as he narrates a tribute to the man who started it all. A complete audio tour is also available."
Tickets will go on sale Friday, December 7th for American Express Cardholders and will be available to the general public beginning December 15th. The tour lifts off in Long Beach, CA for a limited engagement, and will run through February 17. Following the Long Beach / Los Angeles engagement, the next 4 cities "Star Trek The Tour" will visit are San Francisco, Minneapolis / St. Paul, Chicago and Detroit.
2013 Celebrity Sex Scandals & Nude Photo Leaks Clint Eastwood's Divorce Proceedings Heat Up