Classic TV On DVD Megaset 'Get Smart' Remains At The Top Of Santa's List
The seven-time EMMY® Award-winning comedy series, starring Don Adams as title character Maxwell Smart, originally aired on NBC from 1965 to 1970, and before its release in November of last year, had never been available on home video. All five seasons are included in the set featuring nearly 10 hours of stunning bonus material such as a new, in-depth interview with co-star Barbara Feldon (Agent 99), original featurettes, new episode introductions, audio commentaries with cast and series co-creators Mel Brooks and Buck Henry, never-before-seen bloopers, and much, much more.
Get Smart: The Complete Collection DVD set is a super-sized, specially packaged collection containing every original, unedited episode from all five seasons of Get Smart - a total of 138 episodes on 25 DVDs! Get Smart: The Complete First Season, along with Seasons 2-5, are also available as a five-disc sets with over two hours of bonus material through the Time Life website.
Time Life, working in conjunction with HBO Video, spent nearly a year restoring and digitally re-mastering each individual full-length episode of the celebrated series. Commenting on the new look of the show, Get Smart executive producer Leonard Stern remarked, "This incredible restoration means that finally Get Smart can be seen the way it was meant to be seen."
Award-winning DVD executive producer Paul Brownstein (The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Twilight Zone, The Odd Couple) oversaw the Get Smart DVD production. Brownstein's extensive research and talent outreach have resulted in an impressive amount of nearly 10 hours of bonus features.
Series co-creators Brooks and Henry, producer Stern, actors Feldon, Bernie Kopell (KAOS kingpin Siegfried), Bill Dana (Agent Quigley), and guest stars Don Rickles and James Caan recently recorded audio commentaries for the collection. Five original featurettes boast exclusive on-camera interviews, Get Smart memorabilia and show highlights. Bonus features also include clips from the 2003 Museum of Television & Radio's Get Smart Reunion seminar, representing the last time key Get Smart alum Adams, Feldon, Kopell, Stern and producer/director Jay Sandrich appeared together on the same stage. Never-before-seen bloopers, rare network promotional pieces, commercials, EMMY award acceptance speeches, and classic TV appearances by Adams, both in and out of character are found within the collection. Finally, the Get Smart DVD collection, which is aptly dedicated to the memory of Adams, includes the hour-long roast taped at the Playboy Mansion on the occasion of Adams' 75th birthday, as well as an hour of footage from the touching memorial service held after the beloved star's death in 2005.
Get Smart: The Complete Collection (25-DVD Set) includes:
- 25 DVDs in special collectors packaging
- 5 eight-page booklets with liner notes written by actor Dave Ketchum (Agent 13) and Alan Spencer, creator of the TV comedy series "Sledge Hammer!" and contributor to the feature film "Get Smart Again"
- All 138 Original unedited episodes (1965-70) with new introductions by Barbara Feldon
- 9 Audio commentaries with Barbara Feldon, Mel Brooks, James Caan, Don Rickles, Buck Henry, Leonard Stern, Bernie Kopell, and Bill Dana
- 5 On-camera interviews with Barbara Feldon, Buck Henry, Bruce Bilson, Bernie Kopell, and Leonard Stern
- 5 Featurettes: "The Secret History of Get Smart," "Barbara Feldon: Real Model to Role Model," "Spooks, Spies, Gadgets and Gizmos," "Code Words and Catch Phrases," and "The Fans of Get Smart"
- Never-Before-Seen Bloopers!
- 2003 Museum of Television & Radio Get Smart Reunion seminar featuring Don Adams, Barbara Feldman, Bernie Kopell, Leonard Stern and Bruce Bilson
- Don Adams' 75th Birthday Roast at the Playboy Mansion
- Footage from Don Adams' 2005 memorial service with tributes from Barbara Feldon, Don Rickles and many others
- 5 Fun interactive features: CONTROL Entrance Exam, Max's Apartment, The Chief's Office, Agent 99's Purse, Max's Sunbeam Tiger
- Footage from all 7 EMMY® award wins and acceptance speeches
- 1964 "Top Brass" hair care TV commercial that won Barbara Feldon the Agent 99 role
- 1964 Clip from Don Adams' guest-starring appearance on "The Bill Dana Show" - the Maxwell Smart character is born!
- Clips from Don Adams' three guest-starring appearances on "The Andy Williams Show"
- Behind-the-Scenes footage, Get Smart promotional spots and much, much more!
Watch Two Previews:
Secret History Intro
Spy With No Name
(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)
About Time Life Inc.
Headquartered in Fairfax VA, Time Life Inc. was founded in 1961 as a direct marketing company specializing in music and books. It has since grown to become one of the world's largest direct marketers of audio and video products, selling more than 13 million units each year throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Time Life set the standard in the direct response industry by pioneering direct marketing techniques, building one of the most trusted and recognized brands in commerce. The company now also sells their products through major traditional and non-traditional retailers around the world as well as via the Internet. Time Life is a registered trademark of Time Warner Inc. used under license by Direct Holdings Americas Inc., which is not affiliated with Time Warner Inc.
About HBO® Video
Launched in 1984, HBO® Video markets an extensive array of programs ranging from HBO's critically-acclaimed and groundbreaking series The Sopranos®, Sex and the City®, Six Feet Under®, Deadwood® and EntourageSM to theatrical features such as My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the number one romantic comedy of all time. The company's catalog contains hundreds of titles including the multiple Emmy® Award winning miniseries Band of Brothers, children's programs like Classical BabySM and I Spy, based on the best-selling book series, and innovative movies from HBO Films including Gus Van Sant's Last Days, an official selection at the Cannes Film Festival, Elephant, winner of Cannes' Palm D'Or Prize, and Sundance Festival award winners American Splendor and Real Women Have Curves. In 2003, HBO Video expanded its international reach through a distribution agreement with Warner Home Video. HBO Video products are now distributed in over 90 countries worldwide.
Angelina Jolie Reveals She Underwent Preventative Double Mastectomy Olivia Munn Opens Up About Her 'Magic Mike' Topless Scene In The June/July Esquire