Universal City, September 19, 2007 – The Boys are back and so are the parties, the pranks, and this time, the pledges in American Pie Presents: Beta House
, coming to DVD on December 26, 2007 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Rogue Pictures. Available in an outrageously over-the-top unrated version, American Pie Presents: Beta House
is filled with both the irreverent gags and heartwarming humor that have appealed to fans since their first slice of the incredibly popular comedy franchise
. This time, the antics hit new highs as the boys adjust to carefree college life and a competition with a rival fraternity for social dominance that leads to unexpected and hilarious surprises.
"The American Pie
franchise has enjoyed unprecedented success for almost a decade and has become a mainstay of our Universal DVD Originals® initiative," said Craig Kornblau, President of Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Universal Pictures Digital Platforms. "American Pie Presents: Beta House
continues the legacy with a freshness and audacity that will have both faithful fans and new audiences in stitches with its groundbreaking humor."
Directed by Andrew Waller, American Pie Presents: Beta House
is the latest all-new escapade in the American Pie
series. The Universal DVD Originals® features unforgettable deleted scenes and bloopers, behind-the-scenes interviews and plenty of behind-the-scenes secrets to satisfy even the more die-hard Pie fan. Previous Universal DVD Original releases American Pie Presents: Band Camp
and American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile
remain two of the top five best-selling live-action, non-family, made-for-DVD releases of all time.
The cast of American Pie Presents: Beta House
includes American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile
alumni John White (How to Deal
), Steve Talley (Peaceful Warrior
), Jake Siegel (American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile
), Jordan Prentice (Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
), Christopher McDonald
, Thelma & Louise
), and reprising his role as the befuddled but beloved Mr. Levinstein for the sixth time, Pie series veteran Eugene Levy
(For Your Consideration
). The film also introduces new characters played by Meghan Heffren (The Fog
, Flight 93
) Jonathan Keltz (Breach
) Tyrone Savage (Wind at My Back
) and Nicholas Nicotera, a.k.a. Nic Nac (me).
The American Pie Presents: Beta House
DVD is packed with a semester's worth of exclusive features and side-splitting extras:
- An Exclusive Interview With Noah Levinstein! – Campus Teaser Magazine's editor Sharon sits down for an exclusive interview with Noah Levinstein and gets the real story behind the banning of The Games nearly 40 years ago.
- Behind The Games – Like the Olympics – only raunchier! See what goes on behind the scenes at the ultimate contest of deviant behavior, including The Release of Venus (undoing bras), Demeter's Feast (greased pig chase), Greek Roulette and the event that the cast unanimously voted most likely to start a national trend, The Rise of Aphrodite—competitive lap dancing!
- Beta House - Not Just Another Slice Of Pie
– Director Andrew Waller and stars Steve Tally and John White take viewers behind the scenes to share the recipe for their newest tasty treat.
- American Pie Presents: A Public Service Announcement
– The entire cast of American Pie Presents Beta House
makes a heartfelt and hilarious plea: For the love of Pete, don't try this at home!
- UGO.com Fan Piece – One lucky fan spends a day on the movie's always uproarious set.
- Hilarious Deleted Scenes And Outtakes!
- And additional specially-created segments deemed too racy, too outrageous and too irresistible to miss, especially for die-hard Pie
In American Pie Presents: Beta House
, the gang's all-new hijinks take them from the town of Great Falls to a university in Michigan. At the college, the party scene is in full swing, especially along fraternity row, where the competition for social supremacy is ferocious. Our heroes Erik and Cooze pledge the infamous Beta Delta Xi House, and hilarity ensues as everyone gets swept up in the craziness, pranks, partying, and, of course, unpredictable sexual situations. Pitted against a rival House and their power-hungry leader, the rivalry gets so intense that only the long-banned competition, The Games, can settle the question of which House prevails. It's up to the Betas to pull together and prove that some traditions deserve to be upheld!
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% owned by Vivendi.