The Largest Act of Treason in American History Becomes the Gripping, Tautly Woven Thriller 'Breach'
Critically acclaimed writer/director Billy Ray (Shattered Glass) penetrates the FBI's inner sanctum to reveal the top-secret search for a counter-intelligence genius whose two decades of treachery became the worst intelligence disaster in United States history. Produced by Robert F. Newmyer (Training Day), Scott Strauss (Mindhunters) and Scott Kroopf (The Last Samurai), Breach meticulously scrutinizes the shadowy game of international espionage, building to a shattering final confrontation between two men whose relationship is rooted in betrayal.
Critics everywhere agree Breach is a smart, riveting thriller that never lets go. Richard Roeper of "Ebert & Roeper" declares Breach is "A brilliant and tense thriller." It is "A gripping and mesmerizing story," says Chuck Thomas, "Movie Reviews and Previews." Pete Hammond of Maxim calls Breach "A spellbinding, real-life suspense thriller." It's "Electrifying," according to Peter Travers, Rolling Stone and "Intensely riveting" says Sean P. Means, The Salt Lake Tribune.
Investigate Breach's Bonuses:
The DVD and HD DVD & DVD Combo editions of Breach are packed with fascinating, behind-the-headlines bonus material including:
· Breaching the Truth - Get an insider's look at how the compelling story of the man who spent more than twenty years selling his country's secrets to its enemies finally came to the screen.
· Anatomy of a Character, Brought to you by Volkswagen– A powerful portrait of Chris Cooper, one of the most versatile actors in film today, as he transforms himself into master spy Robert Hanssen.
· "The Mole" - Originally aired on television's "Dateline" in 2001, this in-depth profile offers an intriguing glimpse of the public and private lives of double-agent Hanssen.
· Feature Commentary with Writer and Director Billy Ray and former FBI operative Eric O'Neill
· More than 18 minutes of Deleted and Alternate Scenes
Inspired by the real-life story of Robert Hanssen, Breach follows the search for an elusive mole in the top echelons of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Eric O'Neill (Ryan Phillippe) is dragged from the obscurity of a low-level FBI surveillance job to work directly with one of the most powerful and trusted men at the agency. O'Neill has been handpicked to assist veteran operative Robert Hanssen (Chris Cooper) in a new division created to protect all classified FBI intelligence. The idealistic young man is dismayed to discover that his new boss is the subject of long-term, top-secret investigation and that he is expected to infiltrate Hanssen's treasonous operation. Caught in a lethal game of cat and mouse, O'Neill must outwit Hanssen at his own game or watch Hanssen destroy him, his family and the nation they are both sworn to serve.
For more information please visit:
Julia Roberts Felt 'Terrible' Knocking Meryl Streep Charlie Sheen Goes Off On 'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Over Gay Comments In GQ Magazine