A&E is expanding its signature Real-Life franchises by adding four new series and two new pilots to its slate, it was announced today by Robert Sharenow, Senior Vice President, Non-Fiction & Alternative Programming, A&E Network.
"Our series combine great characters and powerful storytelling," said Sharenow, "In the crowded landscape, the A&E brand really breaks away from the rest of the pack and resonates with a young audience. These new series and pilots promise to do just that."
(Working Title) - Crime 360 is the perfect blend of verit crime drama and high-tech CGI graphics a completely new way to experience real-life criminal investigations as they unfold. In Crime 360
, real, in the moment investigation meets technology for the first time in non-fiction television, where viewers go inside detective work as theories, forensics and evidence are brought to life through incredible CGI visualizations and state-of-the-art 3D photography. From the moment detectives are called to scene, viewers experience the investigation as if they were there, in a way they've never seen before!
- In hurricane-ravaged Louisiana, a new class of rookies emerges from the sanctity of the police academy and immediately enters some of the deadliest streets in America. Jefferson Parish, Louisiana is a place where crime is rising fast and with the town in need of protection, Sheriff Harry Lee must call upon The Rookies. As they leave the academy, the rookies begin a 12-week street patrol, riding shotgun with a Field Training Officer (FTO). The FTOs try to teach the rookies how to survive as police officers with a full repertoire of serious lessons they use to challenge the new recruits in order to get them street ready.
The Two Coreys
- Corey Haim
and Corey Feldman
have one of the most unique and storied friendships in Hollywood history. With eight shared film titles between them including The Lost Boys
and License to Drive
their onscreen chemistry was legendary. Now, nearly two decades later, the friends are back together on-screen and under one roof in The Two Coreys
. Like the feature film You, Me & Dupree
, Corey Haim comes to live with his old pal and his beautiful wife Susie. Tension and comedy ensue as the Feldmans deal with their challenging house guest.
- This series follows the dramatic life of Penn State University college student Ryan Buell and the student members of one of the first university sanctioned paranormal research groups in the country, The Paranormal Research Society (PRS), as they seek to find the truth behind terrifying real life mysteries. Each week Ryan and the PRS team are contacted for help by outside parties ranging from The Catholic Church to ordinary families to investigate poltergeists, hauntings and the darkest areas of the unknown.
Confessions of a Matchmaker
- The search for true love is a national obsession, yet "feel good" dating solutions have left singles in the cold. Enter Patti Novak a matchmaker on a mission. She's raw, she's real, she's brutally honest and for the past five years, she's been running a very successful matchmaking service, helping the lonely hearts of Buffalo, New York with the perfect balance of heart and tough love.
- When we last checked in on Thomas Pendleton, the breakout character on the A&E original series Inked
, he had abandoned his successful career at Hart & Huntington, walked away from his self-destructive Las Vegas lifestyle, and settled down with his new wife Monica. Now strapped for cash, Thomas is setting off on a cross-county tattoo tour to support his art and his growing family. In the pilot episode, Thomas and Monica will travel to Arkansas, where they will purchase a gospel group's tour bus and convert it "Thomas style" into a rolling headquarters for his nationwide tattooing tour.
Good in the Hood
- A forceful non-fiction pilot produced by legendary hip-hop and film artist Ice Cube
and produced by reality TV veteran Dave Broome and Matt Alvarez, Good in the Hood
explores stories of ultimate redemption. In the vein of the fictional film American History X
, Good in the Hood
will feature real people who have pulled themselves back from the edge of destruction and are trying to do good by saving people they love from the life they once led.