Gospel Music Channel (GMC), the nation's first and only 24/7 all Gospel/Christian music television network, gives rise to a new month of programming in April. The network presents A Commercial-Free Easter, says farewell to a legendary group while saying hello to a new one, presents four World Premiere Saturday Nights featuring premieres of new episodes of its popular Front Row Live and Hot List series, and features a daylong marathon of its first season of The Best of the Doves and more.
Gospel Music Channel will observe Easter Sunday, the most significant day on the Christian calendar, by running 24 hours of programming without advertising. On Sunday, April 8, starting at 7:00 a.m. (All Times Eastern), GMC presents A Commercial-Free Easter, music videos reflecting the victory and joy of the Easter celebration and throughout the day's programming, artists such as gospel music's favorite artists will share their thoughts on what Easter means to them.
GMC will present a 20-hour The Best of the Doves Marathon
starting at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 22. Hosted by Steven Curtis Chapman
, "The Best of the Doves" features highlights from 37 years of the Dove Awards, including 200 performances representing multiple genres of gospel, including soul, urban, hip-hop, country and rock and featuring Dove-winning artists including Amy Grant
, Michael W. Smith
, Whitney Houston
with the Georgia Mass Choir, BeBe
& CeCe Winans
, Kirk Franklin
, Blind Boys of Alabama
, Yolanda Adams
, Third Day
, Jars of Clay
and Dolly Parton
Gospel music fans will get the best seat of the house – their living room chairs – for four new Front Row Live concerts in April featuring a legendary gospel group, an iconic Christian pop star, a rising country trio and a night of Southern Gospel favorites:
- Front Row Live: The Clark Sisters – Live One Last Time - Pioneers of contemporary gospel, The Clark Sisters have inspired dozens of mainstream artists, including Mariah Carey
, Mary J. Bilge
, Mary, Kelly Price
and Faith Evans
. GMC and EMI Gospel produced this live farewell concert, an intimate show with the group performing songs from their new CD Live One Last Time, along with their most popular songs including the classic "You Brought The Sunshine." Saturday, April 7 at 9:00 p.m. (with encore broadcasts on April 11, 13, 15 and 29 – check listings for times.).
- Front Row Live: Austins Bridge – Nashville-based all-male trio Austins Bridge released its self-titled debut CD in March and makes its world-wide broadcast premiere with a GMC concert featuring their unique southern gospel, mixed with country and bluegrass sound. Saturday, April 14 at 9:00 p.m. (with encore broadcasts on April 16 and 29 and May 7).
- Front Row Live: The Hoskins & Gold City – GMC captured the powerful vocal harmonizing of southern gospel favorites The Hoskins and Gold City for this one hour concert event. Saturday, April 21 at 9:00 p.m. (with encore broadcast on April 23 and May 14).
- Front Row Live: Michael W. Smith
– One of contemporary Christian music's best-loved superstars performs songs from his Stand, Smith's 19th and most recent CD, along with classic Smith tunes such as "Above All," "This is Your Time" and "Healing Rain." Saturday, April 28 at 8:00 p.m. (with encore broadcasts on May 3 and 6).
Also in April, GMC's countdown program that showcases great gospel videos within a specific theme will premiere two new Hot List countdowns, hosted by Lisa Kimmey:
Hot List: In the Sanctuary – The soul gospel episode features songs about refuge. Saturday, April 7 at 8:00 p.m.
Hot List: Livin' Right – Country Christian music videos will be featured. Saturday, April 14 at 8:00 p.m.