was forced to evacuate his north London home yesterday fearing he had a gas leak. Fire engines were called after the star reported a suspicious smell at his house in Primrose Hill, but he was soon given the all-clear and allowed back in.
The unexpected incident almost delayed his appointment at the French Embassy, where he was due to collect a Chevalier des Artes et des Lettres medal for his contribution to film. His parents Maggie and Peter also attended the ceremony.
The actor said, "My mum and dad have lived in France for 15 years, so it is a country I share as my home."
Ambassador Gerard Errera said the prestigious award for Law's films and for being "simply one of the most talented actors today."
Jude Law photos.
(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)