* Courtney Cox
stars in the FX series "Dirt," which centers on a tabloid editor and a photographer who try to make their way in the world of celebrity journalism. The network boasts some critically acclaimed shows such as The Shield
, Rescue Me
, and Nip/Tuck
, so "Dirt" has large shoes to fill. The series premieres Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 10 p.m.
* The ABC comedy The Knights of Prosperity
kicks off Wednesday, Jan. 3 at 9 p.m. For almost 20 years, Eugene Gurkin (Donal Logue
) has dreamed of opening a bar, but his dead end job on the late, late janitorial shift won't even fund a bottle of premium booze. In the wake of a co-worker's death, he catches an episode of television. Call it divine intervention, call it a dumb idea, but whatever it is takes hold of Eugene and soon he recruits a group of misfits into his "gang" for a heist to finance their dreams. The target: Mick Jagger's
super-luxe Central Park West apartment.
* Following "The Knights of Prosperity" on Wednesday nights is In Case of Emergency
at 9:30 p.m. "In Case Of Emergency" demonstrates that who you were in high school is usually not who you end up being. Harry, Jason, Sherman and Kelly all went to the same high school, but several years have passed since graduation, and their lives haven't exactly turned out the way they planned.
* The reality show "Grease: You're The One That I Want" kicks off Sunday, Jan. 7, at 8 p.m. on NBC. The talent competition will allow the American public to ultimately chooses the male and female lead for the 2007 Broadway production of "Grease."
* On Wednesday, Jan. 10 at 8 p.m. the reality show "Armed And Famous" debuts on CBS. Five celebrities train to become police officers with the Muncie Police Department in Indiana, and they will help clean the streets by arresting bad guys.
* In Notes From the Underbelly
Andrew and Lauren have just found out they're going to have a baby, and they're having a hard time keeping it secret. Well the couple is about to learn that, when the secret gets out, the politics of parenthood can be just as demanding as raising a child. The show debuts Tuesday, Jan. 23, at 9:30 p.m.
* Two couples and their single friend, all at different stages in their relationships, deal with the complications of dating, commitment and marriage in "Rules of Engagement." The show kicks off in February.