Sit back. Relax. Enjoy the fright. Fasten your seat belt for some pulse-pounding turbulence! There is no escaping the venomous bite of Snakes on a Plane
as the year's pop culture phenomenon creeps onto DVD January 2, 2007, from New Line Home Entertainment. When deadly snakes are released onboard Pacific Air Flight 121, an FBI agent (Samuel L. Jackson The Man
, Star Wars Trilogy
) must protect the passengers before they become the creatures' prey. Directed by David R. Ellis (Final Destination 2
), this edge-of-your-seat action-thriller also stars Julianna Margulies
, HBO's The Sopranos
), Kenan Thompson
(Saturday Night Live
, Fat Albert
) and Rachel Blanchard
(Without a Paddle
, Road Trip
). Buckle up for chilling DVD extras including audio commentary from Jackson and Ellis, deleted scenes, a behind-the-scenes documentary, a featurette documenting the film's fan-based buzz, the "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)" music video and more!
When an unsuspecting bystander witnesses a brutal mob murder, it falls to FBI agent Neville Flynn (Jackson) to escort his charge safely from Hawaii to Los Angeles to testify. But in an act of self-preservation, the crime boss in question smuggles hundreds of poisonous snakes onto the commercial aircraft in a crate, timed to release its deadly cargo halfway over the Pacific Ocean. Flynn, along with a frightened flight crew and passengers, must band together in a desperate attempt to survive the "flight of their lives."
Dvd Special Features
• Commentary from star Samuel L. Jackson and director David R. Ellis
• Deleted scenes with optional commentary from director David R. Ellis
• "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)" – Cobra Starship
with The Academy Is
…, Gym Class Heroes
, and The Sounds music video.
• Gag reel
• "Pure Venom" – behind-the-scenes documentary
• "Snakes on a Blog" – featurette documenting the film's fan-based buzz
• "Meet the Reptiles" – featurette about the snakes featured in the film
• Snakes on a Plane VFX featurette
• Easter egg
• Teaser trailer
• Theatrical trailer: "Unleashed"
• Theatrical trailer: "Phobia"
• Five TV spots
• 16x9 widescreen (2.35:1) version of the film
• DTS 6.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo Surround 2.0
• English & Spanish subtitles