The Miss America Organization has announced the illustrious panel of six National Judges who will decide which one of this year's 52 contestants will become Miss America 2007. The judges - all distinguished members in their fields, from entertainment to business to the arts - will evaluate the contestants from the preliminaries through the final night of competition.
The competition will be premiering live from the Aladdin, soon to be Planet Hollywood, Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT, exclusively on CMT.
The 2007 Panel of Judges includes:Debbie Allen
- This talented and successful actress, director, producer, choreographer, singer, dancer, and multiple Emmy winner continues to redefine herself as an accomplished artist.Delta Burke
- An accomplished actress, author and producer, Burke is working on a number of television, film and theatre projects and just completed playing "Mrs. Claus" in the NBC movie "The Year Without a Santa Claus" opposite John Goodman. Michael Feinstein
- One of the premier interpreters of American popular song, Feinstein is nationally recognized for his commitment to the American popular song, celebrating its art and preserving its legacy for the next generation. Chris Matthews
- Matthews hosts MSNBC's "Hardball with Chris Matthews" and "The Chris Matthews Show," a syndicated weekly NBC news program. Matthews is a regular commentator on NBC's "Today" show and has distinguished himself as a broadcast journalist, newspaper bureau chief, Presidential speechwriter, and best-selling author. Nigel Barker
- Barker made his debut as celebrity photographer and permanent judge on the hit show America's Next Top Model
with supermodel Tyra Banks
. Susan Powell
, Former Miss America 1981 - Powell is the host of her own one-hour series on the Discovery Channel called "Home Matters," completing its 9th and final season.