Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Divas" Features His Most Popular Songs Performed By Sarah Brightman, Madonna, Minnie Driver and More
Andrew Lloyd Webber is hands down considered one of the most successful musical composers of his generation. His compositional style makes the female voice, particularly the soprano, a natural outlet for his soaring tunes. Many of the featured artists became international superstars after recording these unforgettable songs.
Filled with 15 hits from the most popular Lloyd Webber musicals, this collection pays tribute to the great composer by showcasing the great performers and the songs they made famous. Who can forget Madonna's rendition of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" (Evita) or "Memory" (Cats) by Betty Buckley? Sarah Brightman's angelic voice soars on "Surrender" (Sunset Boulevard) and "As If We Never Said Goodbye" (Sunset Boulevard) is Barbra Streisand at her best. This nostalgic collector's item will take fans back their first listen and keep them wanting more.
Track Listing -
1. Memory (from Cats) - Betty Buckley
2. Music Of The Night (from The Phantom of the Opera) - Katherine Jenkins
3. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (from Evita) - Madonna
4. All I Ask Of You (from The Phantom of the Opera) - Shirley Bassey
5. Surrender (from Sunset Boulevard) - Sarah Brightman
6. With One Look (from Sunset Boulevard) - Glenn Close
7. Learn To Be Lonely (from The Phantom of the Opera) - Minnie Driver
8. The Perfect Year (from Sunset Boulevard) - Dina Carroll
9. I Don't Know How To Love Him (from Jesus Christ Superstar) - Yvonne Elliman
10. Buenos Aires (from Evita) - Patti Lupone
11. As If We Never Said Goodbye (from Sunset Boulevard) - Barbra Streisand
12. Rainbow High (from Evita) - Elaine Paige
13. Tell Me On A Sunday (from Song and Dance) - Marti Webb
14. The Heart Is Slow To Learn (from xxx) - Kiri Te Kanawa
15. Another Suitcase Another Hall (from Evita) - Barbara Dickson
Enter here to win a copy of "Divas"!
Fashion Fails: Kim Kardashian Shot The Couch, Gwyneth Paltrow's Meta-Punk, More Eva Longoria suffers wardrobe malfunction in Cannes