AOL just announced partnerships with 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group that will offer consumers downloadable movies through the AOL Video portal.
Available to anyone on the Web, the AOL Video portal is a one-stop, high-quality entertainment destination to find, watch and share millions of free streaming and pay-to-download video content from across the Web, broadcast and cable television, and movies.
AOL Video will feature Fox Entertainment Group content, available in the coming months, for paid download within five new on-demand channels.
* FOX - Featuring full-length episodes from current Fox television series including 24
, Prison Break
, and Bones
* Fox Classic Television - Featuring full-length episodes from cult classic and award-winning series including Buffy the Vampire Slayer
, Hill St. Blues
, and many more.
* FX - Featuring the FX Network's original series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
* Speed - Featuring the original series "Pinks" and "Unique Whips."
* Fuel TV- Featuring "Firsthand," which offers a glimpse into the lives of the best freestyle sports athletes from around the world.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will be programming two new on-demand channels on AOL Video, featuring free, ad-supported television content. Additional channels programmed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment are planned for the coming months.
* AXN - This action-packed channel features full-length episodes from retro classics including Charlie's Angels
, Starsky & Hutch
, and "SWAT."
* FunnyBone - Episodes from some of TV's treasured sitcoms like "Action."
Through AOL Video, popular movie titles - from recent DVD releases to a large selection of movies representing all genres - from 20th Century Fox, NBC Universal, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group will be available for purchase and download with prices ranging from $9.99 to $19.99 per movie. Once downloaded, movies can be viewed offline as well as on other PCs and compatible portable devices.