Vivendi Universal Games' Sierra Entertainment has announced the development of Miami Vice The Game
, a thrilling third-person action shooter inspired by the Universal Pictures crime drama, Miami Vice
(based on the television series
), in cinemas July 28, 2006. Developed by UK-based Rebellion, Miami Vice The Game will be available exclusively for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system in July 2006.
"By taking full advantage of the advanced technology on the PSP system, Miami Vice The Game will deliver action-packed missions and highly-detailed locations that capture the danger-filled lives of the film's main characters and immerse players in the authentic world of Miami Vice," said Cindy Cook, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer for VU Games.
In Miami Vice The Game, players follow a storyline set just before the events of the film. Gamers must build up the nefarious reputation necessary to infiltrate the seedy underbelly of South Beach, and ultimately bring down the organization of an "untouchable" South American drug lord. Gamers can also choose to play as either Crockett or Tubbs, or team up via wireless to play each mission cooperatively.
Key game features include:
- THE MIAMI VICE EXPERIENCE – Play as undercover cops Crockett and Tubbs in the notorious world of Miami Vice -- the mansions, the money, and the mayhem -- set in present-day Miami
- DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE PSP SYSTEM – Experience cutting-edge motion capture, highly-detailed environments, and lighting effects inspired by the film created to maximize the technology of the PSP system
- COOPERATIVE PLAY – Play as partners with wireless action
- MORE THAN A STRAIGHT SHOOTER
Drug Trading – Raise needed capital and build reputation by managing drug inventory
Hacking – Unlock sensitive information (security codes, locations, etc.)
Interactive Cutscene Encounters (ICE) – Continue to boost reputation through dramatic interactive cinematic encounters with powerful drug lords
- REPUTATION BUILDING DYNAMIC – Establish rep as a major player in the narcotics world through contraband trading, aggressively interacting with drug barons, and pursuing criminals with reckless abandon
- HIGH-POWERED ACTION MISSIONS – Armed with intelligence from informants and utilizing hacking skills, take on the enemy in varied locations with an impressive array of weapons
- BOAT GUNPLAY – Experience high-speed chases through Miami's treacherous waterways while engaging in boat-to-boat shootouts
For more information, please visit the game's official website at www.miamivicepsp.com
About Miami Vice from Universal Pictures
The cocaine cowboys of the '80s are gone, but Miami's Casablanca allure, the undercover cops and the attitudes of Michael Mann's culturally influential television series have been enhanced by time in the feature film version of Miami Vice.
Ricardo Tubbs (Jamie Foxx
) is urbane and dead smart. He lives with Bronx-born intel analyst Trudy, played by British actress Naomie Harris
(28 Days Later
, upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean II
and III), as they work undercover transporting drug loads into South Florida to identify a group responsible for three murders.
Sonny Crockett (Colin Farrell
) is charismatic and flirtatious until - while undercover working with the supplier of the South Florida group - he gets romantically entangled with Isabella, the Chinese-Cuban wife of an arms and drugs trafficker. Isabella is played by the Chinese actress Gong Li
(Raise the Red Lantern
, Memoirs of a Geisha
The best undercover identity is oneself with the volume turned up and restraint unplugged. The intensity of this case pushes Crockett and Tubbs out onto the edge where identity and fabrication become blurred, where cop and player become one-especially for Crockett in his romance with Isabella and for Tubbs in the provocation of an assault on those he loves.