Most surely, “The Fault In Our Stars” is going to be the tearjerker of the year. If you have read the book, you know exactly why. If you’ve have seen the film’s trailers, you also know exactly why. Thanks to Augustus Waters, every girl and woman will be in tears while watching the book adaption on screen. So, who is Augustus? Well, he is a seventeen-year-old boy (character) everyone can’t help but fall in love with. A big part of why he will touch each soul at the theatre is thanks to the actor who plays him, Ansel Elgort.
Ansel is the “IT” boy of Hollywood right now. If the name sounds familiar, you may recall seeing him in “Divergent” this year. He played big brother Caleb to Tris (Shailene Woodley). From one hit to another, both Ansel and Shailene return in “The Fault in our Stars,” but this time as love interests. For Ansel, this is his moment to shine because Augustus is quite a complicated character to portray. The fact that Ansel landed the gig shows that he is an actor that is certainly making his mark in Hollywood. So before he becomes a household name this weekend (film releases June 6th) , let’s get better acquainted with the guy who will be our Augustus Waters.
1. You would never have guessed it, but Ansel is a trained ballet dancer. He studied ballet under Olga Kostritzky, coach to Natalie Portman for Black Swan, as well as perfected his skills at Stagedoor Manor. He also tap dances, which he revealed on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
2. He acts, he dances and he is a musician. Ansel not only writes music, but is a DJ under the name Ansolo. He released “Unite” in April, an original record.
3. Not only is the handsome fella photogenic, but Ansel is quite talented behind the lens. (He Instagrams A LOT.) Taking photos could possibly be a hobby gifted down from his dad, photographer Arthur Elgort. Ansel was also named after photographer Ansel Adams. Follow his Instagram at Anselelgort.
4. Ansel is just like you or me! First off, he admits to having a sensitive side. He revealed to BuzzFeed that he cried every ten pages of TFIOS. He also likes to watch reality TV. “Hell’s Kitchen” is one of his favorite TV shows.
5. Not new to the acting world, Ansel already has a few credits under his belt. He was in the remake of “Carrie” in 2013, as well as played opposite Alexis Bledel on off-Broadway’s “Regrets.” Not to mention, he attended LaGuardia Performing Arts High School, also attended by Jennifer Aniston, Robert De Niro and Adrien Grenier.