5 Reasons Why Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Are Good Together
Kim Kardashian effectively admitted she was dating rapper Kanye West when she was spotted at LAX on Sunday wearing earrings with the initials "KW" on them. Subtle, much?
A few weeks ago she was coy on the "Today" show, telling Ann Curry: "Kanye and I have been friends for years. You never know what the future may hold." Well, after Kanye name checked her in a song and he and Kim were spotted together several times, their romance became public.
The reality star and singer may seem like an unusual couple, but they actually have a lot in common.
1) They both have fashion collections. Kanye unveiled his DW Kanye West at Paris Fashion Week to lackluster reviews but returned to the runway to show off his women's wear collection in February. Among other things, Kim and her sisters have the Kardashian Kollection, featured at Sears, as well as Dash stores in Calabasas, California; Miami, and New York City.
2) They both have parents who died. Kanye was very close to his mother, who died in 2007 of heart failure following plastic surgery. Kanye even dedicated a song, "Hey Mama," to her on his 2005 sophomore album "Late Registration." Kim's father Robert, an attorney who defended O.J. Simpson, died in 2003 of esophageal cancer.
3) People either love them or hate them. The rapper has sold millions of albums. However, last summer Kanye ranted at a concert, "I walk through the hotel and I walk down the street, and people look at me like I'm #$%@ing insane, like I'm Hitler." Kim has over 14 million followers on twitter, yet she was flour bombed at an event last month.
4) They do and say whatever they want, regardless of what anyone thinks. Kim staged an enormous and expensive televised wedding and then called off the marriage after 72 days. Kanye West once said that George W. Bush did not care about black people in the wake of Katrina.
5) Both their names begin with the letter K. How cute!
Fashion Fails: Perez Hilton, Anna Sophia Robb, Alyson Hannigan, And More Model Behati Prinsloo Poses For Victoria's Secret In NYC