Chris Brown Hit-And-Run Case Dismissed
Chris Brown's hit-and-run case has been dismissed.
The 24-year-old singer had been accused of smashing into a woman's Mercedes-Benz with his Range Rover on May 21 and failing to give the driver his insurance documentation and identification, but after the alleged victim insisted she didn't want to press charges, a judge dropped the case on Thursday.
Chris' lawyer, Mark Geragos told TMZ: "The case never should have been filed in the first place. It's unfortunate he was being prosecuted for who he is rather than what he's done."
However, the Los Angeles City Attorney unsuccessfully objected, arguing that Chris was aggressive towards the other driver, even calling her a "bitch" before he left the scene.
Earlier this month, Chris turned himself in at the Van Nuys jail - which serves as a temporary holding facility for men and women arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department [LAPD] - and left 45 minutes later.
The star was required to present himself for booking as he wasn't arrested at the time of the original incident.
Chris recently collapsed at Record Plant recording studios in Hollywood and suffered a non-epileptic seizure (NES), reportedly due to "emotional stress" related to the hit-and-run charges.
His publicist said: "His doctor tended to him this afternoon and attributes the NES to intense fatigue and extreme emotional stress, both due to the continued onslaught of unfounded legal matters and the non-stop negativity."
Emmy Rossum Supports Gisele Bundchen's Breastfeeding Views With Spoof Pic, Holly Madison Also Approves First Trailer For 'Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes' Released