Ozzy Osbourne Sustains Minor Injuries Battling House Fire
Ozzy Osbourne needed medical attention Thursday morning after injuring his hand and singeing his hair while trying to snuff out a fire at his family's Beverly Hills home.
The Black Sabbath singer and wife Sharon went to bed Wednesday night forgetting to blow out a candle, which got so hot it shattered its glass vase and sparked a small fire in their living room.
Ozzy, whose hand was in a cast from having surgery on it Wednesday, tried to put the fire out with his hand in the cast, injuring it further.
Sharon explained the incident on her chat show The Talk Thursday morning.
"At five o' clock (a.m.), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention," she explains. "A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up, (I thought), 'Something's weird smelling in here'.
"Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire). The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding...
"My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he's in a complete cast... He comes down and goes, 'Oh, the fire, the fire!' (and tries to put it out) with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted...
"Ozzy's front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone)... he's got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges... Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all."
Firefighters quickly responded and extinguished the fire.
She said, "(The firemen) come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy's like, 'She's been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!'"
Sharon said that despite Ozzy's minor injuries everyone's okay and yhat she "will never light a candle again".
"Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night," she explained.
"I want to thank the firemen from Beverly Hills Fire Station because you are magnificent there and I want to say to everyone out there, please, please check your candles before you go to bed," she added.
Kim Kardashian Lashes Out At Twitter Follower Who Slams Her Parenting Skills 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' At Weekend Box Office