With Heather Graham starring as "Aunt Opal" and the adorable Jordana Beatty as the film's leading little lady, the feature film "Judy Moody & the Not Bummer Summer", chronicles the crazy summer adventures this energetic third grader has with her artsy Aunt Opal. Starpulse caught up with the movie's hair department head and celebrity hairstylist, RaMona Fleetwood to share her on set secrets for how to re-create Heather's silver screen curls.
Heather Graham as "Aunt Opal"
1. RaMona began with clean dry hair and then sectioned Heather's tresses into half inch parts.
2. Next, she sprayed each piece with White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold Styling Spray to provide amazing shine, softness, and humidity resistance, while also creating long lasting curls.
3. This product was then brushed through her hair in order to prep for a spiral wrap curling technique.
4. RaMona then took each 1/2" piece and spiral wrapped her strands around a 1.25" curling iron in opposite directions: one section curled forward while the other curled backward.
5. To finish Heather's gorgeous waves for the camera, RaMona set this style in place by using White Sands Infinity Hairspray for enhanced hold and shine.