Family 'Saddened' By Whitney Houston's Toxicology Results
Whitney Houston's family has expressed its sadness after learning the soul superstar died from accidental drowning.
The hitmaker, who had a long history with drug abuse, was found submerged in the bathtub of her Los Angeles hotel suite on February 11.
An autopsy proved inconclusive and a cause of death was deferred pending toxicology results, which were released by the Los Angeles County Coroner on Thursday.
The official ruled Houston's death accidental, but noted that she also suffered from the affects of heart disease and cocaine use, while traces of prescription drugs including Xanax and Benadryl were also found in her system.
The singer's sister-in-law and manager, Patricia Houston, has now issued a brief statement on the results on behalf of the family, revealing they are filled with mixed emotions about the news.
The statement reads: "We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure."