This could be an entirely different headline when American Hustle opens. Then again, Lawrence is also in American Hustle.
1) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire- 35M Weekend, 345M Total
This is a traditionally slow Box Office weekend, and that will definitely be true for everything that isn’t Hunger Games or Frozen. Everything else will struggle, but these two should keep chugging along at a decent pace.
2) Frozen- 34M Weekend, 137M Total
Frozen remains a top choice, and really the only choice for families. It will continue to perform strong into December.
3) Thor: The Dark World- 6M Weekend, 194M Total
The Thor sequel will drop a lot, to around 6M.
4) Out Of The Furnace- 5.5M Weekend, 5.5M Total
Good reviews will help attract those looking to watch “Oscar Bait” movies, but this film really doesn’t scream mass appeal. Christian Bale is the only “bankable” actor in the cast, and it is more likely this film will have strong legs, than have a large debut.
5) The Best Man Holiday- 4.5M Weekend, 69M Total
6) Delivery Man- 4M Weekend, 25M Total
7) Homefront- 3.5M Weekend, 14M Total
8) The Book Thief- 3.5M Weekend, 12M Total
9) Philomena- 3M Weekend, 9M Total
10) Dallas Buyers Club- 2.3M Weekend, 14M Total