The Thin Red Line
|Release Date: December 23, 1998||Running Time: 170 mins.|
|MPAA Rating: R||Box Office: $36,385,763.00|
|Genre: Action, Adaptation, Drama, Period, War|
• 'The Expendables' And The Top 10 Ensemble Casts
• Happy 50th Birthday: George Clooney Is a True Star & Class Act At 50
• TNT Renews 'Southland' For Third Season
• Eight World War II Movies To Watch Before 'Inglourious Basterds'
• Similar Story Smackdown: Which Hollywood Flicks Came Out On Top?
More News >>
All Cast & Crew >>
Summary:A World War II tale which focuses on a squad of American troops battling against the Japanese during the hellish battle of Guadalcanal Island. Witt has gone AWOL and considers the contrast between the peace of the islanders and the chaos brought by war. Meanwhile, the troops are led by two men: Tall, who is eager for the danger of battle, and Staros, who is more concerned with protecting his men. As they fight over strategy, the men have different reactions to the war: Bell thinks only of his wife, Gaff is intelligent but no more able to deal with war than the bullish Doll. As they attack a Japanese stronghold, the randomness of life and death in wartime is made clear.
Miracle at St. Anna
The New World
The Tree of Life
Browse More Movies: