Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' By Sapphire
|Release Date: November 06, 2009||Running Time: 109 mins.|
|MPAA Rating: R||Box Office: $47,536,959.00|
|Genre: Adaptation, Drama, Urban|
• Jennifer Hudson Turned Down The Lead Role In 'Precious'
• 'In The Land Of Blood And Honey' Wins Producer's Guild Award
• Gabourey Sidibe May Have Died On 9/11 If She Hadn't Overslept
• Tyler Perry Lands Lionsgate Deal
• Lenny Kravitz Joins 'The Hunger Games'
More News >>
All Cast & Crew >>
Summary:Set in Harlem in 1987, it is the story of Claireece "Precious" Jones, a sixteen-year-old African-American girl born into a life no one would want. She's pregnant for the second time by her absent father; at home, she must wait hand and foot on her mother, a poisonously angry woman who abuses her emotionally and physically. School is a place of chaos, and Precious has reached the ninth grade with good marks and an awful secret: she can neither read nor write. Precious may sometimes be down, but she is never out. Beneath her impassive expression is a watchful, curious young woman with an inchoate but unshakeable sense that other possibilities exist for her. Threatened with expulsion, Precio... Full Summary >>
Lee Daniels' The Butler
Browse More Movies: