|Release Date: December 27, 2002||Running Time: 149 mins.|
|MPAA Rating: R||Box Office: $32,519,322.00|
|Genre: Adaptation, Biopic, Drama, Period|
• Surprise Oscar Wins: Is There A Pattern?
• Celebrities Who Lost A Lot Weight For Their Roles
• Adrien Brody Lived On Bugs In Canadian Wilderness
• Pregnant Emilia Fox Fears Moving In With Boyfriend
• Adrien Brody & Robert Rodriguez Bring 'Predators' Sneak Peek To SXSW (Video)
More News >>
All Cast & Crew >>
Summary:An adaptation based on the autobiography of the acclaimed Polish composer, Wladyslaw Szpilman, who detailed his survival during World War II, and narrowly escaped a roundup that sent his family to a death camp. A composer and pianist, Szpilman played the last live music heard over Polish radio airwaves before Nazi artillery hit. There, in Poland, Szpilman struggled to stay alive--even when cast away from those he loved. He spent the duration of the war hiding in the ruins of Warsaw and scavenging for food and shelter. Szpilman eventually reclaimed his artistic gifts, and confronted his fears--with aid from the unlikeliest of sources.
Browse More Movies: