Letters from Iwo Jima
|Release Date: December 20, 2006||Running Time: 141 mins.|
|MPAA Rating: R||Box Office: $13,753,931.00|
|Genre: Adaptation, Drama, Foreign, Historical, Period, War|
• Check Out The 'Clint Eastwood 20 Film Collection' On Blu-ray June 4
• Biggest Oscar Surprises Of The Last 10 Years... What's Next?
• New Movies On DVD, May 22
• The Public Is Divided About Who Should Win Best Picture Oscar
• AARP Announces Winners of the Sixth Annual 'Movies for Grownups Awards'
More News >>
All Cast & Crew >>
Summary:Sixty-one years ago, U.S. and Japanese armies met on Iwo Jima. Decades later, several hundred letters are unearthed from that stark island's soil. The letters give faces and voices to the men who fought there, as well as the extraordinary general who led them. The Japanese soldiers are sent to Iwo Jima knowing that, in all probability, they will not come back. Among them are Saigo, a baker who wants only to live see the face of his newborn daughter; Baron Nishi, an Olympic equestrian champion known around the world for his skill and his honor; Shimizu, a young former military policeman whose idealism has not yet been tested by war; and Lieutenant Ito, a strict military man who would rather a... Full Summary >>
View All Pictures >>
Flags of Our Fathers
Million Dollar Baby
Browse More Movies: