La vie en rose
|Release Date: June 08, 2007||Running Time: 130 mins.|
|MPAA Rating: PG 13||Box Office: $10,299,782.00|
|Genre: Biopic, Drama, Foreign, Music, Musical|
• Nicole Kidman To Play Grace Kelly?
• Surprise Oscar Wins: Is There A Pattern?
• Marion Cotillard's Shimmering Navy Blue Dress At The 'Inception' Premiere: Hot Or Not?
• Prince: 'I Want To Live In France'
• Sandra Bullock, Kate Winslet Victims Of 'Best Actress' Oscar Curse? (Video)
More News >>
All Cast & Crew >>
Summary:Perhaps finding her nearest American analogues in figures such as Judy Garland and Billie Holiday, the tragic story of the world-famous chanteuse, Edith Piaf, is worthy of a 19th Century novel by Zola or Balzac. From the mean streets of the Belleville district of Paris to the dazzling limelight of New York's most famous concert halls, Piaf's life was a constant battle to sing and survive, to live and love. Born into abject poverty, surrounded by street performers, hookers, and pimps, Piaf's magical voice made her a star on both sides of the Atlantic. Raised in her grandmother's brothel, Piaf was discovered in 1935 by nightclub owner Louis Leplée, who persuaded her to sing despite her extrem... Full Summary >>
View All Pictures >>
Browse More Movies: