The English Patient
|Release Date: November 15, 1996||Running Time: 162 mins.|
|MPAA Rating: R||Box Office: $78,651,430.00|
|Genre: Adaptation, Drama, Period, Romance|
• Ralph Fiennes Backs UNICEF's West Africa Aid Campaign
• Blu-ray Review: 'Best Picture - Five Film Collection'
• Watch Classic Scenes & See the Full List of Every Best Picture Oscar Winner Ever
• Surprise Oscar Wins: Is There A Pattern?
• Kristin Scott Thomas Likes Filiming In France, Says UK Is Ageist
More News >>
Kristin Scott Thomas
All Cast & Crew >>
Summary:Set in North Africa and Italy during the late 1930's and early '40's, "The English Patient" is an epic drama of two haunting love stories that unfolds against a background of international upheaval. Through the prism of war, and of love and friendship, various themes -- of fidelity, adultery, nationality and betrayals -- are dramatized and explored. The story, based on Michael Ondaatje's Booker Prize-winning novel, is told elliptically, through the histories of four characters who find themselves in a ruined monastery in Italy at the end of World War II. Slowly they reveal themselves and, in the process, the true identity of the English patient -- the unknown survivor of a plane shot down ov... Full Summary >>
Breaking and Entering
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Browse More Movies: