• Rihanna And Other Stars Send Out Prayers And Condolences To Oklahoma Tornado Victims
• 'SNL' Pokes Fun At Sign Language Interpreters; Deaf Actress Marlee Matlin Insulted
• Celebrity Fans Pay Tribute To 'Jeffersons' Star Sherman Hemsley
• 'The Celebrity Apprentice' – Teresa Giudice And Lisa Lampanelli Are 'Blown Away'
• Red Carpet Fashion Hits Of 2011
More News >>
Birth Place: Morton Grove, Illinois, USA
Marlee Beth Matlin was born Aug. 24, 1965, in Morton Grove, IL. At the age of 18 months, she lost all hearing in her right ear and 80 percent of the hearing in her left ear after suffering measles and high fevers. Her parents were committed to letting Matlin live as normal a life as possible. Against the advice of doctors, they resisted sending her away to a special school for the deaf; instead enrolling her in local programs with support services for children with hearing loss. They also encouraged Matlin's early interest in the arts. She attended the innovative Center on Deafness (now the International Center for Deafness and the Arts), where hearing impaired and regular kids joined tog... Continue Bio >>
What the Bleep?! - Down the Rabbit Hole
What the Bleep Do We Know?
It's My Party
The Linguini Incident More Credits >>
Browse More Actresses: