• The Doctors Are In: On The Set Of TNT's 'Monday Mornings'
• TNT's 'Monday Mornings' Preview: The Next Great Medical Drama
• Trailer Talk: This Week in Movies - 'Snow White and the Huntsman,' 'Piranha 3DD,' & 'Battlefield America'
• Zombies, Spartans, And Owls: The Strange Journey Of Zack Snyder
• Check Out 'The River Murders,' Starring Ray Liotta & Christian Slater
More News >>
Birth Place: New York City, New York, USA
Born Irving Rhames on May 12, 1959, Rhames was raised in New York's unforgiving Harlem. He began performing as a student at the High School of the Performing Arts and went on to study acting at the State University of New York in Purchase, where fellow acting student Stanley Tucci bestowed him with the nickname Ving. From there, he furthered his training at the famous Juilliard School. Rhames moved on to off-Broadway productions, making his Broadway debut in the short-lived Vietnam drama, "The Boys of Winter," which featured an unusually pre-famous cast including Matt Dillon, Andrew McCarthy and Wesley Snipes. The following year, Rhames gained notice playing a young incarnation of writer... Continue Bio >>
Soldiers of Fortune
Won't Back Down
The Perfect Game
Operation: Endgame More Credits >>
Browse More Actors: