15 Fun Facts About Tom Cruise
We know we are probably opening up a Pandora's Box of Scientology repercussions, but we can't help but to poke fun at the couch jumping action star that is Tom Cruise. Here, we give you some fun facts about the actor that you may not have known before.
1. His full name is Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, of which he was named after his great-grandfather Thomas Cruise O'Mara. He was born into poverty in Syracuse, New York to parents Mary Lee, a special education teacher, and Thomas Cruise Mapother III, an electrical engineer. He has often referred to his father as an abusive coward who couldn't be trusted.
2. Despite his devotion to the world of Scientology, Tom was raised as Catholic and actually wanted to be a priest in his earlier days. He left seminary school a year after enrolling.
3. He has won three Golden Globe Awards and has been nominated for three Academy Awards. Despite his Oscar nods, he has yet to take home his own golden statuette.
4. He has been married three times, but has also been linked to Rebecca De Mornay, Penelope Cruz and Nazanin Boniadi, of whom was rumored to have auditioned in his church to become his fourth wife.
5. Tom has a cousin named William Mapother, who has co-starred in several of his movies.